Fundraising for Nonprofits

Inspiring Gifts that Transform

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'd like to make a donation of $100 to the nonprofit of your choice

In my work as a nonprofit fundraising consultant, I’ve found my most rewarding clients always come through referrals. Currently, I have some opening for new clients, so I am writing to ask for your help in connecting me with good causes in need of support. As my way of saying thanks, if you are able to refer me to a new client who signs a contract before the end of April, I pledge to donate $100 to the nonprofit of your choice!

I see my job as providing nonprofit leaders the practical fundraising tools and solutions that they need to make their jobs easier and to succeed in this ever-changing world. Licensed by the state of California, I draw on over twenty-years of nonprofit management, for-profit business ownership and professional fundraising experience. My areas of expertise include:

  • Annual Fund Support
  • Board Development
  • Corporate Solicitations
  • Event Management
  • Executive Coaching
  • Grant Writing Assistance
  • Major Donor Initiatives
As the President of DER, a trade association for San Francisco Bay Area fundraisers, I have an extensive network. Please let your connections know I’m always open to providing free referrals or answering simple questions. For more long-term professional assistance, I am also available on an hourly or project contract basis. (Btw, because of a family connection, I now have access to complementary airfare, so am also available to help good causes outside the Bay Area region!)

Please feel free to download and forward to your colleagues my 1-page introduction or full biography, resume or testimonials sheets. If you have any questions, referrals or suggestions, feel free to contact me anytime at gayle[at]gayleroberts.com.

Thanks so much in advance for all your help and support!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just not sure how I feel about this post. I was surprised as I read on to find out it was nothing more than a commercial for your business. Great marketing idea, though. I'm just not sure I want to subscribe to commercials.
As a newer subscriber, I was intrigued by previous posts and really liked what I read. I guess I'm rethinking this.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks for the feedback. Would love to hear if anyone else had any other thoughts, pro or con.

In the year-and-a-half since I started this blog, this is the first time I've asked readers for help. If folks do not think that this is appropriate, or if my wording was off, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Rachel Medanic said...

I think a commercial every once in a while is just fine, even welcomed.

If there were a way for you to share stories of what you do for clients, with their consent, that would be really interesting and inspring I think.

Dog and pony on Gayle!

Rachel

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks Rachel, much appreciated. Good sugggestion to share more client stories. Will do!

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am writing you because of your blog. I have a non-profit organization that Iam growing. Interested in knowing what you can do to help me.
If you are interested view my website at:www.informparents.com
then send me a eamil at Sharron8428@msn.com.

 
At 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gayle- I think it's only natural and fair to incorporate aspects of your business from time to time on your blog if done so tastefully (as you did). And your generous offer of donating to another nonprofit shows your support of the community you serve.

I also love the idea sharing client stories to inspire readers!

 
At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Free Fundraising Info Kit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home