Fundraising for Nonprofits

Inspiring Gifts that Transform

Friday, March 30, 2007

We do more things before 8:00 a.m. than most people do all day

Really, I love my job, I do. But sometimes working out of my home has its disadvantages. Like today. Third time in three years the roads are being torn up. Been like this for nearly a month. New sewers this time. Took this blurry photo on my camera phone just minutes ago at 8:00 a.m. from my office window.

Look at the shadow, the sun is barely up! Do you think I'm going to get a lot done today?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger Gayle said...

Hmm, that was a little grumpy of me. Wasn't my new years resolution to express a little more gratitude?

I'm honestly very grateful for the improvements that these men (haven't seen any women on any crew) are doing in my neighborhood. It includes under-grounding all the overhead lines, new sewer and drainage system, new gas lines, and upgraded lighting and sidewalks.

This project has been in the works for nearly 20 years, and I suspect still has a couple of decades to go before the entire city is upgraded. By that time, it will be probably necessary to go back and start all over again. Talk about dedication.

And talk about hard physical work, wew! Through it all, the guys working the street have always been very sweet (though the back office bureaucrats are another matter I won't go into).

Plus, years of hard labor hasn't hurt their bodies too much. Never knew safety orange could look good on somebody. Go figure.

There, that's better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home