Fundraising for Nonprofits

Inspiring Gifts that Transform

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Don't be a business in nonprofit's clothing

Rob Johnston of 4Nonprofits and I have the same pet peeve.
"This is a personal peeve, but I think there's an important issue behind it. While I argue at all times that nonprofits should be run as the most effective organizations they can, and I have supported the use of corporate titles (president, chief operating officer) by nonprofits, I believe doing the reverse can be underhanded, done to mislead potential customers. When businesses present themselves as nonprofits, they are exploiting the trust that people hold in social sector organizations."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gayle:

I'm pleased you see it my way. Now if we can only convince those malefactors to mend their ways....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home