Fundraising for Nonprofits

Inspiring Gifts that Transform

Monday, August 06, 2007

Five-year-old fundraising superstar

My five-year-old niece Rylee lives in Marin Country, the home of Guide Dogs for the Blind. Last year, she decided on her own to become a donor to this good cause. Looking under sofa cushions and saving up change given to her Mom, she made her first donation to a nonprofit at the ripe old age of four. Last weekend she took it a step further by becoming a Guide Dogs fundraiser by setting up her own lemonade stand. She raised over a $100 in one afternooon. Words can't express how proud I am of her!

If you would like to offer a few words of encouragement to a budding young fundraiser, please add it to the comments below and I'll make sure she gets a copy. It would mean a lot to both her and me. Thanks.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:44 PM , Blogger Gayle said...

This just in from my cousin Leslie in NYC: she's got a couple of young fundraising superstars in her house too! According to them, cookies are the big secret to turning a lemonade stand into successful fundraiser. They raise money to save dolphins and other animals, as well support AIDS foundations serving African children.

I've a pretty great family!

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Antonette said...

Way to go Rylee! Thanks for caring and finding a way to show it! Keep up the great work!

This is my first time visiting this blog. I will come back again. Thanks for sharing. I'm proud of your niece as well.

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Gayle said...

Antonette, welcome to this little corner of the Internet. Hope to "see" you again soon. Will pass along your kind words to my niece. Many thanks.

 
At 5:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rylee sounds just terrific. What she did really is an inspiration.

I'm compiling a website of inspirational fundraising and would love to feature her story on that.

My name is Ken Burnett and I live in France. I'm an author and lecturer on marketing for nonprofits. You can find out about me on www.kenburnett.com and about my project on www.sofii.org.

You can contact me on ken@sofii.org

Thank you

Ken

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks for the kind words Ken. Will pass your request along to my sister.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home